Overseas Landlords


Section 42a Income and Corporation Tax Act 1988 and taxation of income from Land (Non – residents) regulations 1995, SI 1995 No 2902

When a Landlord is resident in the UK it is entirely his responsibility to inform, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) of rental income received, and to pay any tax due. However, where the Landlord is resident outside the UK during a tenancy and unless an exemption certificate is held, we as Landlords agents are obliged to retain and forward to HMRC on a quarterly basis, an amount equal to the basic rate of income tax from rental received, less certain expenses.
For further information please visit the HMRC website: - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/nr_landlords.htm 


Burnell Lettings, The Yard, Light Industrial Estate, Esh Winning, County Durham, DH7 9PT

© 2012 Burnell Lettings | Web Design in Durham and the North East